4.05.2011

dinner in 16 minutes?

I dare you.

Mango. I love, love, love mangoes. And shrimp? Match made in heaven. Don't even get me started about it on a pizza. With brie. I know, I know, you're thinking I've seriously lost my mind. But it works. Mango is just so darn buttery, and sweet. Certainly, brie is too. Shrimp could usually use a little bit of fattening up anyways. Wait a second, I'm supposed to be talking about a salad.

Here it is -
unbeautiful, but 16 minute dinner

See, it's not that pretty, but the 16 minutes included taking a couple photos.

I really did make dinner in 16 whole entire minutes, and it's healthy too. Baby even got his mango cut just for him, a little beef and saucy green beans warmed up too (babies don't eat lettuce or shrimp).

It also helps to have a few bags of frozen raw peeled shrimp on hand to rush the process along. Just try to defrost it in advance; the one thing I often forget.

Mango Shrimp Salad with Mango Dressing - In a Hurry!

Serves 2

For the salad:
454 gram bag of raw-peeled shrimp
extra virgin olive oil
1 large ripe mango
1 carrot
1/4 red pepper
salad greens


For the dressing:
1/4 cup mango
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup blackberry vinegar (balsamic would be fine)
thumb nail-size chunk of fresh ginger
squirt of honey

1. Pre-heat a sauté pan with a couple tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Cook the shrimp until pink. Let cool as much as possible before adding to the salads.
2. Wash the carrot, mango, red pepper.
3. Place salad greens in the bowls. Grate the carrot, and chop the red pepper. Add to the bowls.
4. Remove the flesh from the mango. Place 1/4 cup in a small blender jar. Dice or slice the rest, and add to the salad bowls.
5. Make the dressing: Place all of the ingredients in a small blender jar, and whizzz!
6. Add the shrimp to the salad bowls, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately, and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails